Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Starting some crosstraining again.

Well today I was kinda bored so I decided I'd go up to 24 hr. fitness. I didn't lift because my tailbone was hurting me so I just hung out in the spa and saunaed for a little bit. It got me thinking about lifting again but not only lifting just crosstraining in general. So I decided since I'm wasting most of my off days I'm gonna start hitting the gym more often. Im trying to make it back down to 140 and wanna get a little stronger in the process. So now on Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'm going to follow this routine:
First off I'm gonna warm up with a couple mins. of jump roping to help with coordination and things. Than I will do a 5x5 routine on the following, everyday I will do power cleans 5x5 than either and upperbody (5x5) work out of a lower body (5x5) depending on the day. For upperbody I will do all sorts of pullups including towel ones to help my grip strength. And on lower body days I will do leg presses and weighted lunges since squats hurt my knees. I will keep the lifting short and sweet only doing compound lifts. Then I will end the workout with a form of light cardio (elliptical, treadmill, stair stepper, swimming, jump roping)
Again this will be done on my off days just to get a high level of basic fitness and to help me stay active. I will do target workouts for grappling mostly. But today I weighed my self and I'm around 147 preworkout so it gives me about a month and 3/4 in order to try my best to make it down to 140 before August 24th. I am also starting to clean up my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment