Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd 2009 (night)

Went over most of the same stuff as the morning class alot of things from UMA PLATA. I need to work on transitioning from attacks in my guard. Warmed up with Omar(blue) and Matt (blue) today, pretty cool. After all the technique we started rolling. I rolled with Omar today and worked alot of guard passing, I was successful a couple times but he wore me out easy. He says Im getting better at breaking grips and my defense is OK but it all needs work lol. I also rolled with another kid nogi. Man I hate nogi. I couldnt get much done cuz he would power out of alot of things which I'm not used, to but no excuses there I just need work. Overall it was a good day the other kid had long nails and now I have a pretty big scratch but w/e. Like Saulo Ribeiro said as a white belt my Job is to survive and thats it. Hah. Hope Omar will roll with me agian cause it helps. He showed me a confusing guard pass were you step in uke's guard fake to the left than do a rotation to the right. Tripped me up everytime!
Things I need to work on:
1) TRANSITION ON GUARD ATTACKS
2)Guard Passes (the one omar showed me)
3) SURVIVING (when rolling with higher belts)

No comments:

Post a Comment