Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6th 2009

Only went to one class today, the morning was a takedown and I wanted to sleep in. Just cause I'm lazy like that. :) But the night class was awesome today. It went by a little to fast in my opinion. Once again today I warmed up with Omar. I think I may actually be getting better at defending myself and moving to a better position, or at least trying. But then me and him partnered up to drill and we just went over some positional stuff from back mount. And more Uma plata stuff. We went from and uma plata sweep into an armbar from mount it was pretty cool. Then we did guard work. I was partnered up with Violet who is the Blue/white I did the guard shootout with last week. It was fun. We gave eachother competition. After that we rolled. I rolled with Omar agian and just focused on surviving and getting out of bad positions. I feel like I'm getting better at them though. He noticed I was using the lockdown lol. But it was fun. After that Matt and Omar wanted to roll so I rolled with Cody. I pulled butterfly so he did too than I stood up and so did he so I sat back down it probably looked really weird at first. But once he was down and BF guard so I stood up and used the tricky back stepping pass to quickly pass his guard to SC than to mount. I think there was more of the surprise factor than anything. He was still complementing me after I passed while we were still rolling. I could barely hold mount b/c I was still celebrating in my head. It was a very small step but it meant I was learning! It felt better than a submission. Today was just another good day in the books can't wait till Wednsday.
Things I will focus on:
1)Guard break and passing
2)SURVIVING AND GETTING OUT OF BAD POSITIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment