Monday, July 13, 2009

BJJ July 14th, 2009 (night)

Good class. I only want to focus on one thing right now and its my escape from someones half guard and go to mount. I was shown this today by the girl blue belt who I rolled with. You get a crossface, underhook on there far side arm and then put the knee that is not stuck in there guard on there belly then lean over to the side and release underhook and use that hand to push there leg down and pull your foot out. Again if I only learn one thing this week its this cuz I keep getting stuck in half guard/mount since I use alot of BF guard sweeps.
Thing I need to work on:
HALF GUARD ESCAPE

1 comment:

  1. My instructor showed one to another student (so the details are a bit fuzzy on it for me), but if you've basically got side control (except for that pesky leg that's hooked) you maintain that far underhook and then switch your hips (kinda like for a reverse scarf, I think) and slide your knee out between your legs and to the floor like a baseball slide. I didn't get to practice it myself, so I may have missed a nuance or two, but it seemed to work pretty well.

    ReplyDelete