Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26th 2009

I have been really busy lately so no updates blah blah blah. But School just started and so did wrestling. Today was my first "wrestling" practice we really just conditioned. Just various workouts push ups jump rope pull ups crunches climbing the rope, and some sprints. Pretty easy though. But the real update is on Jiu jitsu, been doing pretty good lately I think. Have tapped some blue belts. Still getting humbled though. Mostly former wrestlers giving me trouble. Everything has improved a little atleast. My diets going fine. My conditionings good. nothing negative to report on. Just tired. Both back to back made me a little drained. But it was fun. Will try and update more. Which brings me to the thing I need to work on the most. I guess since most ranked people like to work open guard that is were I feel comfortable. So when I competitive roll getting in someones closed guard. Just need to spend more time there. I think my bro was right. Im starting to mount less and just getting submissions from side control and knee on belly its more fun too. Im making myself use uncomfortable submissions on people who aren't as good as me to polish those. Like Oma, triangles and collar chokes. But Im so grateful to all the people who have helped me lately my team is the best. Alot of the guys are starting to help me on stuff. Bull showed me a half/butterfly sweep that I've seen before but he put it into perspective. So I will work on that. Untill next time. Thing I need to work on:
1) ATTACKING SOMEONE FROM THERE CLOSED GUARD
2) Bull's half butterfly sweep from half guard

No comments:

Post a Comment